Ronetix, a developer and manufacturer of high-performance System on Modules (SoM) solutions announces its upcoming 50x30mm SoM based on NXP i.MX8M Plus 64-bit quad core 1.8GHz ARM Cortex-A53, alongside 800MHz Cortex-M7 for low latency and real-time tasks.
The SoC includes an integrated 2.3 TOPS Neural Processing Unit (NPU), an intelligent vision system with Image Signal Processor (ISP) and dual camera interfaces that provide the foundation for the modules’ unique Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning (AI/ML) offering.
Additionally, the module supports extensive multimedia features along with a wide range of connectivity features such as H.265 HD video encode/decode engines, high performance 2D/3D GPU, high-quality voice processing, up to 4K HDMI, HD LVDS, DSI, dual-band Wi-Fi, BT/BLE, dual GbE, dual USB3, dual CAN bus and PCIe.
i.MX8MP-COMPACT-CM key features:
- Quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU, 1.8GHz
- Neutral Processing Unit (NPU) 2.3 TOP/s
- ARM Cortex-M7 co-processor 800MHz
- up to 4GB LPDDR4, up to 64GB eMMC
- QSPI NOR Flash
- Image Sensor Processor (ISP)
- Graphic Processing Unit, Video Processing Unit
- HDMI, LVDS, MIPI-DSI display interfaces
- MIPI-CSI camera interface
- GbE, WiFi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.2
- USB 3.0, PCIe
- up to 4x UART
- up to 3x SPI
- up to 4x I2C
- up to 4x PWM
The i.MX8MM-COMPACT-MB carrier board which can be used for evaluation and development is available with Altium schematics and CAD files.